Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Put your feet up and stay a while

Another project from last summer is the footstool I made out of an old soda box I've had kicking around. I used a piece of board I had left over from a project I had some wood cut for and never finished, some cushion donated from a friend's old camper, and the remainder of the lovely fabric I used to redo the seat on my renovated chair. I love how it came out, although I have it filled with magazines at this point to keep the top at the right level. I plan to put a couple of pieces of wood on the inside to keep the top from sinking too low, but have yet to get around to that. I wanted to be able to take the top out so I can use this for storage, so it's important for me to not have it permanently attached. 

You can see it here with the chair I redid - although the one is painted and the other is not, the fabric ties them together well, I think. The height of the chair works better for me with this footrest than with the HP desk, too. 

1 comment:

  1. Did you put something on the bottom so it would not scratch the floor?
    Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete